What is Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
With the effects of aging, childbirth, and menopause, the skin and tissue of the internal and external vaginal areas can lose elasticity, causing functional difficulties. To treat these issues, Dr. Otto Heurtas is proud to offer laser vaginal rejuvenation (LVR) at Dallas Cosmetic Center in Dallas, TX. LVR uses a laser to tighten the inside and outside of the vagina and address vaginal dryness, stress incontinence, and some sexual dysfunctions. During the procedure, the body’s natural collagen production is stimulated by heating the exterior and interior of the vaginal tissue. This treatment is an exciting option to address function and aesthetics. To find out more about laser vaginal rejuvenation and the various treatment plans and strategies we offer, schedule a consultation with Dr. Huertas at Dallas Cosmetic Center in Dallas, TX today.
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Reviews
"Wonderful experience! Doctor Huertas and his staff are very professional. I had several consultations with different Doctors before I made the decision of choosing this one. He has all the credentials and all the experience for me to trust him. He's really knowledgeable and he makes you feel comfortable and not like another number. I had a liposuction and a tummy tuck a month ago and my results were great..... I didn't had any complications... I was back to work after 4 days after the procedure. I am already scheduling my next appointment for a Vaginal Rejuvenation. I'm really grateful that I found Dr. Huertas!"- M.M. / Google / Apr 04, 2015
Is Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Right for Me?
You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if you suffer from some vaginal issues or aesthetic concerns but aren't interested in undergoing cosmetic surgery. New moms and weight-loss patients alike commonly combine laser vaginal rejuvenation with other treatments to correct conditions that can result from these events. If you are interested in a surgical procedure, LVR can still work for you, as labiaplasty and laser vaginal tightening are often combined to correct vaginal function while improving the appearance of the vulva at the same time.
What are the Benefits of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Even minor issues with vaginal dryness, stress incontinence, and sexual dysfunction can cause severe embarrassment and discomfort. There are many reasons patients consider laser vaginal rejuvenation at Dallas Cosmetic Center, including:
- Increased lubrication: Our advanced laser procedure increases natural moisture levels in the vagina and alleviates discomfort when engaging in sexual activity.
- Improved bladder control: LVR can help you regain control of your bladder, allowing for better overall urinary health.
- Enhanced sexual gratification: Laser vaginal rejuvenation can make intimate moments even more pleasurable by stimulating collagen production.
- Improved appearance: With LVR, many women feel more confident in the aesthetics of their intimate area.
How is Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Performed?
Laser vaginal rejuvenation is performed by decreasing the internal and external vaginal diameters and increasing and strengthening vaginal muscle tone. At the same time, if necessary, we can also repair stress urinary incontinence. This physical restructuring helps to restore the vaginal area to its natural state prior to pregnancy or aging. We normally use general anesthesia, though regional or local anesthesia are also options for this type of procedure. Most procedures last 1 – 2 hours. Dr. Huertas's surgical techniques may include:
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty: the aesthetic laser enhancement of the vulvar structures (labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, and introitus).
- Designer Laser Reduction Labioplasty of the Labia Minora: the reshaping of elongated or unequal labia minora (small inner lips).
- Designer Laser Reduction of Excess Prepuce: removes the excess skin along the sides of the clitoris. Women tell us that they want the skin to drape neatly over the clitoris. The reduction of the excess prepuce provides the desired aesthetic enhancement of the skin around the clitoris.
- Designer Laser Reduction Labioplasty with Combined Reduction of the thickness of the labia minora. Some women note that, due to childbirth, aging, or genetics, their labia minora have grown too wide or thick.
- Designer Laser Reduction Labioplasty of the Labia Majora: reduces a large, protruding, or sagging labia majora.
- Designer Laser Perineoplasty: rejuvenates the relaxed or aging vulvar introitus (vaginal opening), labia minora, labia majora, and perineum to provide that youthful, aesthetic look and feel of the vulvar structures.
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty with Augmentation Labioplasty of the Labia Majora via Autologous Fat Transfer: augments or enhances the labia majora by removing a small amount of fat via liposculpture from a particular area, such as the abdomen, hips, or thighs. The fat is then processed, and a small amount is injected into the fat of the labia majora. This provides a beautiful and natural enhancement to the labia majora.
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty with Vulvar Liposculpturing: removes the unsightly fatty bulges of the mons pubis (pubic area) and labia majora. The fatty accumulations in these structures can produce clothing, undergarment, and bathing suit irregularities and bulges. In some cases, it can prevent women from wearing the clothing of their choice.
- Designer Laser Vaginoplasty in Combinations: helps to provide youthful and aesthetically appealing vulvar structures (labia majora, labia minora, introitus, perineum, and mons pubis).
What Should I Expect after Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
The benefits of having laser surgery are there is less pain, decreased inflammation and swelling, less bleeding, and faster healing time. The goal is to keep you as comfortable as possible in recovery. We can use oral medication and two types of local anesthesia for your procedure. You should not have pain for 18 – 24 hours. On the day after surgery, we can bring you back to the office and give you a second injection to further numb the area. In general, returning to work depends on the type of work you do. Most patients can return within 5 – 7 days. In all, laser vaginal rejuvenation is a safe procedure with low risks.
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation FAQ
Does laser vaginal rejuvenation treat loose skin?
For women who wish to achieve a higher degree of vaginal tightness, laser vaginal rejuvenation can be extremely useful. Natural events, including childbirth, weight loss, and aging, can put significant strain on the vaginal walls, causing them to become loosened. However, if you have significant amounts of loose skin, such as on the labia majora, you may be a better candidate for a labiaplasty. This surgical procedure is designed specifically to remove excess skin from the inner and/or outer labia for an enhanced appearance of the vagina.
Can I combine laser vaginal rejuvenation with other procedures?
Our patients frequently combine this treatment with similar procedures to further boost their results. For example, we notice many new moms and weight loss patients combining laser vaginal rejuvenation with a mommy makeover or labiaplasty. If this is something you're interested in, let our staff know during your consultation so we can work these procedures into your treatment plan.
What is the recovery process after laser vaginal rejuvenation?
Most patients experience little to no pain or downtime after undergoing laser vaginal rejuvenation. In fact, many are able to go back to their daily lives immediately after the procedure. However, we do ask patients to avoid using tampons or taking part in sexual intercourse for at least a few days to allow the area to heal.
To enhance & rejuvenate Your Feminine Health
Laser vaginal rejuvenation can help address both function and appearance in the vaginal area. As with all of our procedures, your concerns and input are very important. Dr. Huertas and his staff will be happy to discuss this procedure with you. If you are interested in laser vaginal rejuvenation, please feel free to call us to schedule a private consultation at our office in Dallas, TX.
How to Care for Your Body After Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
A decline in collagen production causes problems with skin laxity in the vagina. Laser vaginal rejuvenation may refresh your health and appearance.Read
Take Control of Your Feminine Health With Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
Laser vaginal rejuvenation can help treat both cosmetic and medical issues. Find out more about the procedure and if it's right for your needs.Read
Learn How to Maintain Your Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Results
Vaginal laser therapy is changing the lives of women. Find out how the healing process works as you reclaim your confidence and healthy sex life.Read
How Long Should I Wait To Have Sex After FemiLift?
Learn more about what to expect after FemiLift nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation, including when you can resume your normal daily activities.Read